“30. The race has usually been for money and other mere symbols of power, but with an understanding of the true source of power, we can afford to ignore the symbols. The man with a large bank account finds it unnecessary to load his pockets down with gold; so with the man who has found the true source of power; he is no longer interested in its shams or pretensions.
31. Thought ordinarily leads outwardly in evolutionary directions, but it can be turned within where it will take hold of the basic principles of things, the heart of things, the spirit of things. When you get to the heart of things it is comparatively easy to understand and command them.
32. This is because the Spirit of a thing is the thing itself, the vital part of it, the real substance. The form is simply the outward manifestation of the spiritual activity within.
33. For your exercise this week concentrate as nearly as possible in accordance with the method outlined in this lesson; let there be no conscious effort or activity associated with your purpose. Relax completely, avoid any thought of anxiety as to results. Remember that power comes through repose. Let the thought dwell upon your object, until it is completely identified with it, until you are conscious of nothing else.
34. If you wish to eliminate fear, concentrate on courage.
35. If you wish to eliminate lack, concentrate on abundance.
36. If you wish to eliminate disease, concentrate on health.
37. Always concentrate on the ideal as an already existing fact; this is the germ cell, the life principle which goes forth and sets in motion those causes which guide, direct and bring about the necessary relation, which eventually manifest in form.”
Charles Haanel, “The Master Key System” Part XVII
As You might know I´ve had a turbulent time in my life for the last month or so and in addition to that I launched what we call a “90 day run” for my business which basically means talking to a lot more people than ever before in my life.
I mentioned in last weeks post that ramping up the minimum daily contacts has been so much easier than expected and I´m mesmerized by my consistence and stability while taking on the daily tasks.
Especially as I have a confession to make here, prospecting on the phone is NOT my favorite and having to deal with some of the excuses and BS people bring up is nowhere near my choice for fun.
So what has this all to do with Joseph Campbells advice to “Follow Your Bliss”?
Well, as it turns out it has everything to do with it!
Finally during my sit today I gained some understanding of why the daily routine of contacting people finally has become not only bearable but actually desirable.
It´s the shortest, most direct and smooth way to manifest my DMP that I have access to right now. And that means by doing the work and sticking to the plan
I´m FOLLOWING my BLISS!!!
The work itself might not be that blissful, just as hauling water and fetching firewood hundreds of years ago probably not was anyones idea of having fun. Just as these activities ensured survival of self and family, the work we do today is what ensures survival and manifestation of our dreams.
And in pursuing our dreams there can be only joy!
Funny enough my Subby knew that long before I did – my conscious mind rejected the thought out of habit and “pretended not to know”!
Now is the time to up the ante and start getting better at the daily tasks, the habit has been formed a lot faster than I could ever have hoped for and I´ve started to improve my skills.
“I increase my knowledge of mankind, myself and the goods I sell, thus my sales multiply. I practice and improve and polish the words I utter to sell my goods, for this is the foundation on which I build my career and I never forget that many have attained great wealth and success with only one sales talk , delivered with excellence.”
Og Mandino, “The Greatest Salesman in the World” The Scroll Marked IV
So, that leaves us with the “Bliss Part” of the whole equation and I´d like to share a short video by some people who did some tiny bit of what the future holds for me:
Thanks for visiting and supporting my blog!
Please leave a comment below, tell me what´s Your Bliss – what You´re working to manifest in Your life – and share this post with friend and loved ones who might benefit!
Mahalo, I appreciate You!