This week started out with an insight that at the same time was very annoying and deliberating. Well, I guess that goes for most of them…
At the webcast on Sunday Mark brought up the need for everyone to give ourselves PERMISSION to live the life we were born to live, to free ourselves from ”The River of Dreams” and really dig in there chopping of the cement covering the GOLD that´s really us.
Living in the east European time zone it was, as always, way past bed time when we finally got to sleep and on Monday morning I was waking up with a total lack of energy, not only due to the late night on Sunday, the last few weeks had been filled with a series of insufficient sleep, sub-par food choices and late night social media.
To make matters worse one sentence of my DMP reads:
“To fuel my body with the needed energy I chose to eat Paleo 90% of the time, prioritize sleep and work out developing strength, conditioning and mobility 4x/week or more.”
Which basically means I´ve been lying to myself 3x/day or, to be less harsh, at least failed to meet my own standard for my future self…
Not really my favorite insight on any morning…
So, where did this all come from?
Well, of course from my ”old blueprint” fighting the change, the ”cement” clinging on to me and old (bad) habits lifting their dragon heads spitting venom at the new reality.
All starting with my decision to put some serious effort into my business followed by a major, though surprisingly easy, increase in activity.
What seemed easy to accomplish became fought against on another level, all because – and here we go – I had´t given myself PERMISSION to be the person I intend to become. I was DOING the right things right in one area and at the same time subconsciously setting myself up for temporary defeat by undermining my own energy levels and over time making what had become easy through working the exercises of the Master Key Experience hard to do through self sabotage.
Hmm, how is that for being ”the observer” – I´m pretty darn proud of catching myself just two short weeks into this and being able to make the conscious choice to change that subconscious behavior.
And the best part is that just a short time ago I would not only not have noticed my slipping that soon, I´d also wasted a lot of time feeling bad about it, beating myself up and reinforcing previous experiences of unworthiness.
Don´t You just LOVE the ”Law of Substitution”, ” The Law of Dual Thought” and the ”Law of Growth”???
This just made me think of the ”sacrifice” part of the DMP, what we´re willing to give up in order to get our dream. Frankly I always had a hard time with that part, both in my own DMP and when helping other people develop theirs. Now it hits me as being merely ”giving up” the person I have been (and that served my survival very well) for the person I intend to become, choosing to
“if I must be a slave to habit let me be a slave to good habits. My bad habits must be destroyed and new furrows prepared for good seed.”
(Og Mandino, ”The Greatest Salesman”, Scroll I)
“3. Difficulties, inharmonies, and obstacles, indicate that we are either refusing to give out what we no longer need, or refusing to accept what we require.
4. Growth is attained through an exchange of the old for the new, of the good for the better; it is a conditional or reciprocal action, for each of us is a complete thought entity and this completeness makes it possible for us to receive only as we give.
5. We cannot obtain what we lack if we tenaciously cling to what we have. We are able to consciously control our conditions as we come to sense the purpose of what we attract, and are able to extract from each experience only what we require for our further growth. Our ability to do this determines the degree of harmony or happiness we attain.”
Charles Hannel, ”The Master Key System”, Part XV
“The same dualism underlies the nature and condition of man. Every excess causes a defect; every defect an excess. Every sweet hath its sour; every evil its good. Every faculty which is a receiver of pleasure has an equal penalty put on its abuse. It is to answer for its moderation with its life. For every grain of wit there is a grain of folly. For every thing you have missed, you have gained something else; and for every thing you gain, you lose something.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson, ”Essays: First Series, Essay III”
“24. It is neither good nor bad, it simply is.
25. Our ability to differentiate it into form is our ability to manifest good or evil.
26. Good and evil therefore are not entities, they are simply words which we use to indicate the result of our actions, and these actions are in turn predetermined by the character of our thought.
27. If our thought is constructive and harmonious we manifest good; if it is destructive and discordant we manifest evil.”
Charles Hannel, ”The Master Key System”, Part XVI
So, lets bring this all together, shall we?
In my understanding this means that there´s nothing wrong with the ”cement”, the ”old blueprint” or the habits created and appropriated by me earlier in life. They all served their purpose in someway, some of them in really good ways.
They just don´t serve MY purpose now, they don´t help me advance my life as I´m becoming the person I intend to become.
And that´s why they have to go, that´s why I just need to release them and let them go in peace – while at the same time consciously appropriating and start to LIVE only the habits that support my future self.
And I know which habits these are, I have seen them all around and even experienced them in myself at different times – meaning I don’t have to acquire anything, learn anything or create anything, merely educe them from within and let them grow.
“10. Spiritual Truth is therefore the controlling factor; it is this which will enable you to grow out of limited attainment and reach a point where you will be able to translate modes of thought into character and consciousness.
11. Concentration does not mean mere thinking of thoughts, but the transmutation of these thoughts into practical values; the average person has no conception of the meaning of concentration. There is always the cry “to have” but never the cry “to be”; they fail to understand that they cannot have one without the other, that they must first find the “kingdom” before they can have the “things added.” Momentary enthusiasm is of no value; it is only with unbounded self-confidence that the goal is reached.
12. The mind may place the ideal a little too high and fall short of the mark; it may attempt to soar on untrained wings and instead of flying, fall to earth; but that is no reason for not making another attempt.
13. Weakness is the only barrier to mental attainment; attribute your weakness to physical limitations or mental uncertainties and try again; ease and perfection are gained by repetition.”……..
“24. Intuition usually comes in the Silence; great minds seek solitude frequently; it is here that all the larger problems of life are worked out. For this reason every businessman who can afford it has a private office, where he will not be disturbed; if you cannot afford a private office you can at least find somewhere, where you can be alone a few minutes each day, to train the thought along lines which will enable you to develop that invincible power which is necessary to achieve.
25. Remember that fundamentally the subconscious is omnipotent; there is no limit to the things that can be done when it is given the power to act. Your degree of success is determined by the nature of your desire. If the nature of your desire is in harmony with Natural Law or the Universal Mind, it will gradually emancipate the mind and give you invincible courage.
26. Every obstacle conquered, every victory gained, will give you more faith in your power, and you will have greater ability to win. Your strength is determined by your mental attitude; if this attitude is one of success, and is permanently held with an unswerving purpose, you will attract to you from the invisible domain the things you silently demand.”
Charles Hannel, ”The Master Key System”, Part XVII
Which brings us back to ”The Sit” – the other exercises, DMP, shapes
and colors, mental diet, make over and every other aid – and still, ”The Sit”, the Silence.
I promise to give my future Self the gift of Silence more then once a day, I promise to listen to the Silence often, to educe all the good habits my future Self will ever need and then some more, all the wisdom I´m capable of educing and all the kindness I can imagine.
I always keep my promises!
I hereby declare that I willingly and consciously give myself the permission to access the power within me and allow it to grow, the permission to be the best I can be, the permission to be happy for no particular reason, be in harmony with myself, the world and all creatures in it.
I forgive myself unconditionally for not having granted myself this permission earlier!
So, lets end this rather lengthy post with a rather lengthy video – please bear with me to the end, it´s definitely worth the time!
Mahalo for visiting and reading this post, please comment below if You got some thoughts to share, I appreciate You!
To get email about future posts and the Master Key Experience 2015, please fill out the form below: